Dear Northeastern Local School District Families,
I hope that our families are making the most of their time at home and finding time to connect with one another and to use technology to connect with others outside the home. Please allow me to share a few thoughts with you as we are in the initial stage of "staying at home:”
• I want to say thank you to everyone who has helped with getting meals out to students. This program will begin again on Monday, March 30, after our official Spring Break. Please check our website for details.
• Students and especially seniors, I know that this is not what you would like to be doing right now. A snow day here or there is great, but a forced shutdown that brings all activities such as sports and extra-curricular events to a complete stop seems totally unfair! We share those feelings and will continue to keep you updated as we learn more from the Governor about what this means for students and schools.
• Staff members are working to create online or distance learning experiences for students that will afford students the opportunity to continue learning. This could be our means for learning for a number of days in the fourth nine weeks of this school year so we need to plan these opportunities out with great care.
• Special events such as graduation and prom are still scheduled, but we have no way to predict if these will go off as scheduled. Please know that we will do our best to offer these events to students.
• Please, please, please follow the orders of Governor Dewine and Dr. Acton! We all want this to be over as soon as possible and the best way to support that is to follow the directions being given to us. Specifically, to our students, please do not gather in groups. I know this is really difficult but please use technology to connect with your friends and family to protect yourselves and everyone around you. Let's all commit to staying at home and get through this as quickly and safely as we can.
Thanks for listening and my hope for all of us is that this ends as quickly as possible so that we may resume normal activities again very soon!
Have a great rest of the day and stay safe,
Dr. John Kronour