Turf Field FAQs
- Were turf fields part of the original scope of work included in the bond issue?
- Why did the board vote no on the Superintendent’s recommendation on item G3, “Approve contract with Motz for tracks and turf at KR and NE,” on the February Agenda?
- How much money will NELSD have to put towards special projects?
- What special projects does the district have planned for the $4 million of the LFI and reimbursement dollars remaining?
- A board member mentioned that the turf fields have heavy metal elements that could potentially cause illnesses for our students using them. Is there scientific data available to back this up?
- What are the long-term costs/benefits of turf fields?
- All of the other school districts that we compete against have turf fields, so why aren’t we willing to do the same for our athletes?
- Did the Board of Education provide funds for the video scoreboard at the Northeastern football and soccer fields?
- Synthetic Turf Council FAQs