Parents/guardians of eligible Kindergarten students can register their child(ren) for the next school year beginning May 8, 2023. NELSD uses FinalForms, and everyone must create a new account to upload the documents listed below.
Kindergarten Eligibility and Assessment
To be eligible for Kindergarten for the 2023-24 school year, children must be five (5) years of age by August 1, 2023. If your child is not five-years-old by August 1, please do not complete the online registration. State law requires that all students must attend Kindergarten before entering first grade.
To begin enrollment, please follow the steps outlined below to create a Parent Account and register your Kindergarten student for the 2023-24 school year. The entire registration process will take place online. Click here for the NELSD FinalForms Parent Registration Playbook.
To start the registration process:
1. Please Create a FinalForms Parent Account by Clicking Here
Please click on "Add Student" and be sure to click "Create Student" in order to save.
2. Please upload the following documentation to your student's documents folder in FinalForms during the registration process:
- A certified copy of your child's birth certificate.
- Immunization records as set forth in Section 3313.671 of the Ohio Revised Code.
- Custody or court papers signed by a judge (if applicable).
- Proof of Residence (Lease agreement, deed or a settlement statement, utility bill, etc...)
The parent or guardian's names MUST APPEAR on the legal proof of residency document.
If the documents are in any other person's name, THAT person must sign a notarized Affidavit/Proof of District Residence.
If you cannot upload these documents, we will ask you to make a copy and mail them to the school building your child will attend or drop them off at the school office. Please write Kindergarten registration on the back of your envelope to assist our staff.
4. You will be contacted at a later date to discuss the next steps in the kindergarten entry process, including plans for the start of the school year. This will include information on KRA testing dates, start dates for Kindergarten students, and how classroom teachers will be assigned.
If you have questions about the online registration process or need assistance, please feel free to contact the school your child will attend next year. The phone numbers for our elementary buildings are:
- Northeastern Elementary - (937) 346-0840
- Kenton Ridge Elementary - (937) 342-4627 (Current Northridge Elementary School)