We have completed nearly two full weeks of the 2022-23 school year!
Hopefully, everyone is getting back in the swing of things and becoming used to the new systems we put in place across the District. We wanted to send a few reminders out this week and ask that you please take a few minutes to read through everything carefully.
Next week, Monday, Sept. 12th through Friday, Sept. 16th, will be safety week at NELSD. Students across the district will participate in activities and drills throughout the week, such as tornado, safety/shelter-in-place, and fire drills, to name a few.
As a reminder, we are using a new forms management system, FinalForms, which provides the District with critical information needed for the school year.
- Parents/guardians must complete the FinalForms student registration every school year. Please click here to create your parent account and update your child(ren)’s information.
- The NELSD Chromebook Agreement was added to FinalForms right before the start of school. If you completed the forms for your child(ren) early, thank you, we greatly appreciate you! Regrettably, the Chromebook Agreement may not have been available to you. Please log in to FinalForms and make sure you have signed this form.
- FinalForms is accessible using a mobile phone or computer. In addition, parents/guardians can update their contact information, Emergency Medical Authorization (EMA) forms, complete athletic forms, find their child(ren)’s student ID, and more using the FinalForms online student registration system.
- You can also access FinalForms at any point in the school year to update your information in the system if you have a change of address, change your phone number, update transportation information, etc.
Fees & PaySchools Central
- There is a $50 technology fee for all third through twelfth grade students.
- With the ever-present nature of technology, it is fundamental for NELSD to integrate it into the District’s curriculum resources. Incorporating Chromebooks into our curriculum allows us to realize our mission of providing “the opportunity for students to succeed by offering a safe and respectful environment, continuous staff development, challenging curriculum, and current technology.”
- This fee may be new for some of our third through sixth grade students. Please review the elementary school handbook, where this is addressed, by clicking here.
- Please note, this is not a new fee for seventh through twelfth grade students; it has already been included in their school fees for many years.
- PaySchools Central is mobile-friendly and allows you to manage lunch money, pay school fees, and complete free and reduced meal applications.
- To access PaySchools Central from your smartphone, you must download the app from the Apple Store or Google Play. The PaySchools Central online system will not work on your phone if you use a web browser.
- If you need to reset your password, you must do this from a desktop computer or by calling PaySchools Central at (877) 393-6628 or emailing psc_h[email protected].
- Your child(ren)’s student ID for PaySchools Central can be found in FinalForms or by calling the building secretary.
- Be on the lookout for your child(ren) to bring home their “Parent Letter.” This letter provides parents/guardians with the registration number needed for the ProgressBook Parent Access if they do not already have a ProgressBook account.
- If this letter does not make it to your home, you may contact our Technology Director, John Schmid, by email at [email protected]
- In ProgressBook, families can track grades, view homework assignments, monitor attendance, review report cards, and more.
- Last fall, Frontline Education released the Frontline ProgressBook Parent/Student Mobile App.
We are grateful for the partnership of our families, teachers, support staff, and students.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me by email at [email protected]
or by phone at (937) 325-7615.
John Kronour, Ph.D.
Northeastern Local School District